This article will show you how to manage user permissions for the organization as a whole, for individual events, and to individual users.
Users can be given different roles depending on what they need to do for SlideSync events. The following table gives a quick breakdown of these different roles.
|Invite new users||✔|
|Manage user permissions||✔||✔|
|Create and edit events||✔||✔|
|View approved questions||✔||✔||✔||✔|
In more detail:
- Owners can control all aspects of an organization and its events, including inviting new users
- Event managers can control all aspects of the event, including assigning roles to the existing users
- Moderators can view events and incoming questions
- Speakers can view events and Live questions. For more information about this, see Questions
- Reporting users can only view the event statistics. Further information about this can be found on the Statistics page.
Managing user permissions for all events
On the Users page, you can manage what users can do in all your events. This will be their default role, but they can have extra roles for separate events.
Adding user permissions for an individual event
If you would like a user to have an extra role for a single event, go to the Permissions page of that event. On this page you can add roles for that event only.
Inviting a new user to your organization
To invite a new user to your SlideSync organization:
- Open the Users page
- Type in their email address at the bottom of the users list
- Define their role
- Click Add user, which will send them an invitation by email
- When they have accepted the invitation and signed up to SlideSync, a check mark will be next to their name on the users list.
Managing permissions of an individual user
To get an overview of an individual user's permissions, just click on their name on the Users page, then click on the Permissions tab.
Here you can view and edit the user's permissions for the organization as a whole and for individual events.
You can also add roles to the user for other events that are not listed:
- Click on the Select Resource Class dropdown menu
- Select Event
- Choose which event on the next dropdown menu
- Define the user's role
- Click Add Resource.